Govt of Pakistan has decided to provide visa on arrival for 50 countries and e-visa facility to 175 countries. Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry has said that government wants tourism one of the foundation of change in Pakistan. He said that Pakistan has lot of potential tourism sites from beaches, cities, food tourism to mountain tourism. He said that on PM’s suggestion all departments and agencies have put their heads together. Visa on arrival will also be provided to Sikhs of British and American citizen.
In new visa policy Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir is non-restricted region for foreign tourists.
Here are some of the highlights of new tourism policy:
- Opening up to the world.
- 175 countries to get e-viza
- Visa on arrival for 175 countries
- Canadian and American Sikh nationals to get this facility
- Business Visa from 68 to 96 countries
- Free movementst for foreigners in open cantonments
- Border crossing will be open/non-restricted
- Gilgit Baltistan and AJK to be non-restricted
- Missionary Visa: 01 year
- Student Visa: 2 years