Black tea is made from leaves of Camellia sinesis plant. This plant is indigenous to Tibet China, Japan and other East Asian countries. Unlike green tea, Black tea is more oxidized. Therefore it is stronger in flavor than green tea. There are many health benefits of black tea. In China it is also used in herbal medicine. Although this tea is used in different countries of the world. But a special type of black tea is used among Tibetan people in Tibet, Ladakh and Baltistan, northern Pakistan. This is called Butter Tea.
In Balti language it is called Payu Cha mean’s salted tea. Butter tea is prepared by mixing butter, milk, salt and water. It is a long process. First the tea is boiled for hours. Then it is poured into a wooden cylinder to churn it. Then water is added along with butter and milk. It is boiled again and finally it is served for drinking.
Butter tea is excessively used in Tibet , Ladakh and Baltistan. In some parts of Baltistan specially in Ghanche, people drinks more than 10 cups of butter tea in a day. Black butter tea is more energetic than other types of tea as it contain butter.
Health Benefits of Black Tea
Here are 5 health benefits of Black Tea:
- Black butter tea improves the mental alertness.
- As black tea contains caffeine so it also improves learning, memory and information processing skills.
- Black butter tea can be used to overcome headache and low blood pressure.
- It prevents you from heart disease, including “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis) and heart attack; preventing Parkinson’s disease.
- This tea can reduce the risk of stomach and lung cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, and breast cancer.
- It is more oxidized hence it can prevents you from diabetes and stomach disorders.
- It can prevent tooth decay and kidney stones.
- Black butter tea can also help in weight loss.
- Tibetan/Balti Butter tea may help to boost immune system.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational and educational purposes only. While we have researched well to ensure that the information is accurate. Don’t take it as a medical advice and opinions. Always seek medical advice from your doctor.